Tineret Buzau 2007
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tineret Buzau 2007

Forumul oficial al Asociatiei Tineret Buzau 2007

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Llamia

Llamia

Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008   Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:06 pm

So as you can imagine from the title, our project was centered on the question "to be or not to be techonlogic?". Because that is indeed the question.

We departed for Turkey as a group of 10 and we split in Istanbul because 5 of us had to go to another profect, in Tekirdag -we are an active organisation trying to get involved in as many Youth in Action programmes as possible. Of course we had a lot of EDUCATIONAL FUN in Istanbul too (informal learning is a basic principle in our association) but that's not the point, i'm only supposed to tell you about our experience in Fethiye. So here goes nothing...

After maaaany tiring hours on the train, ferry and bus we finally arrived at the bus station in Fethiye where our dear trainer and organiser (Hasan and Serkan) were anxiously waiting for us. We went to the hotel and met the fellow bulgarian participants -who, by the way, were some of the nicest people we've ever met, we all miss them terribly!- we got to sleep thinking about what the next day would have in store for us. And i have to tell you it was great!

We woke up the next morning to find the hotel almost full, everyone had arrived... So now we could really get the work started! Very Happy Mornings were usually dedicated to workshops in which the three wonderful trainers Hasan, Oscar and Eka would start the brainstorming sessions that made us all think and go deeper into the problem of women technophobia. These workshops were a great opportunity to get to know each other better, since the work groups were never formed with the same people and we each had to learn how to cooperate with each other in different situations.

In the afternoons we would leave the serious work aside and have a little fun by dividing into groups and creating dramas about our topic. Oh, they were some dramas indeed! I suppose that's what we all miss about Fethiye, the fun we had with each other and the feeling of unity that surrounded us all... Another thing scheduled in the afternoon ware the Turkish lessons taught by our one and only Hasan. Tesekkurler, monsieur Hasan! Razz

Evenings were quite relaxing, we would go into town and get familiarised with it, one night we even had the experience of a liftime: dinner on a moonlight boat tour! I have to say that was one of the best nights of the project... But then again there were the Cultural nights when everyone presented relevant aspect of their cultures. It's useless to describe what the cultural nights were like because you would have had to be there in order to believe it... simply spectacular What a Face

Coming back to the working part (study), i truly feel the need to share one of the experiences that marked me throughout this project: interview taking. We divided into groups again and each group went on the streets of Fethiye with a turkish translator to ask the people what they thought about this topic. You wouldn't believe how diverse the answers were! It really gave us the most complex picture of the Turkish society...

Oh well, there are a million other things I could say about the Fethiye experience but i wouldn't like to get you all bored... So i'll just stop right here. For further infos, you know what to do: create an account on this forum or visit http://tineretbuzau.blogspot.com and ask us Smile

And for those about to ROCK (and i know everyone who's ever been in Fethiye fits into this category)..................WE SALUTE YOU! cheers

Last edited by Llamia on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008   Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 9:48 pm

I can't say more than Llamia said, she made the complete picture of this project.
I don't know if we found out the technology status of women, but one thing is certain: it depends on many aspects. We tried to understand these better and debated the actual condition of women in society. It was a very interesting.
The trainers did the their job: congratulations Eka, Oscar and Hasan. The people were great and the project went smooth.
Nice meeting you all and hope to see you again.
Back to top Go down
Llamia

Llamia

PostSubject: Re: Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008   Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:22 am

teknoliviu wrote:
I can't say more than Llamia said, she made the complete picture of this project.

oh, come on, i'm sure there are plenty left to say... i just mentioned the things that seemed relevant to me. Maybe Bogdan has something to add, information to reveal lol!
Back to top Go down
unsaid

PostSubject: Re: Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008   Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 12:28 pm

yea, he should 'illuminate' us ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pink panther

pink panther

PostSubject: Re: Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008   Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:05 pm

ya of course...maybe Bogdana want to say something else;Wink Very Happy shhh... internal jokes:)
so...yes, Llamia said the most important things from this project...people....places...trainners...nathing to add...was too much fun!maybe just this:)

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
Back to top Go down
http://girlonthemoving.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008   Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 5:38 pm

interesting...i'se seen all the others projects, and i think this was the best, no? u are explaining here everything really nice, the trainers, the project, what u have done there, i'm staing on my position:)this was the best:)
Back to top Go down
pink panther

pink panther

PostSubject: Re: Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008   Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:05 pm

hmnnn...okey...i really don't know if this was the best because i didn't was in all....but maybe u have this opinion because Llamia said everything and....the mains ideea ....she explain everything much better than everyone...i suppose:D maybe ...
Back to top Go down
Llamia

Llamia

PostSubject: Re: Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008   Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 4:19 pm

Curiously enough,I had a mark on this thread... and I was supposed to receive an email every time someone posted a new comment. and guess what... no emails!
it's a good thing I stopped by Exclamation

Well... Fethiye was good. Fethiye was great actually. But other projects were great too. And there's no way of telling which project was the best.

The way I see it... we're all one big happy family. Sometimes you visit some of your relatives and have loads of fun together... at other times you get together with other members of your family and do completely different (but equally entertaining) things. And even if you're not having the time of your life, that's fine 'cause they're your family and you just like being around them, no need for fancy activities... That's all the fun of being in a family, right? Or that's the way I feel, anyway.

So... thanks for your post! And please pardon my delay... technical problems Rolling Eyes
Hope to hear from you again soon...

Last edited by Llamia on Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008   Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:03 pm

no problem:-J...i understood now...and i agree with u ...but :-?... I think you were the most convincing and it fooled me ... I wanted to emphasize that you were the one that explainedin the best way how was to work in that project bounce
Back to top Go down
Llamia

Llamia

PostSubject: Re: Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008   Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:20 am

well thank you, you're too kind... i'm glad you liked it though Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008   Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:37 pm

Razz :>
Back to top Go down
pink panther

pink panther

PostSubject: Re: Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008   Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:26 pm

yaeh....we thank u:)>Very Happy< and we thank u Llamia for this presentation:):>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008   Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:24 pm

i agree with "yourline"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008   Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are women technologic or technophobic? - Fethiye, Turkey; july 2008
Page 1 of 1